It’s National Lipstick Day! Even if you don’t wear a lot of makeup, it’s always good to have a good lipstick or lip gloss. Here’s a look at some of my favorites. Then keep reading for some lipstick tips.
~ BOLD ~
MAC VIVA GLAM I
CoverGIrl ColorStay 521 External Flame
~ SUBTLE ~
MAC VIVA GLAM V
CoverGirl ColorStay 549 Always Rosy
- Apply foundation to you lips prior to applying lipstick. It will help your lipstick stay on better.
- Dry lips are not a friend of lipstick. Use a lip moisturizer – especially if you use long-lasting lipsticks as they tend to dry lips out. To remove dry areas of your lips, use a soft toothbrush to gently scrub them smooth.
- Use a lip liner to define the shape of your lips.
- You can also use a lip liner to alter the color of your lipstick. For example, filling in your lips with a chocolate lip liner can change a light pink into a beautiful mauve.
- Use a lip brush to get the remainder of lipstick out of the tube. You’d be surprised how much lipstick remains in the tube. If you don’t want a bunch of “empty looking” lipstick tubes around, get a pill box (you know, one of those M-S boxes), scope the lipstick out of the tube and place one color in each section. You’ll have your own mobile lipstick palette. This is great for traveling over multiple days, with multiple outfits. Just don’t forget a lip brush.
What’s your favorite lipstick or lipstick color?
Until next time, stay beautiful! ~ Devon