A busy work schedule and life in general, kept me away from my blog in 2018. However, my goal for 2019 is more blog posts! So, why wait until January? I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and festive celebrations. As someone who loves all things beauty, I was blessed to score some of my favorite beauty products. My family knows by now, that it is best to gift me with gift cards instead of trying to figure out what I like (especially when it comes to beauty products). So, this year I received a Ulta and Sephora gift card – woohoo! Of course, I wasted no time ordering my products online. Here’s a look at what I selected and why.
- OLEHENRIKSEN Transforming Walnut Scrub – I absolutely love this face scrub. It makes my face super smooth and smells amazing. I haven’t had any for several months, so I am very much looking forward to using this product again. A good facial scrub is so important. As I noted in previous posts, your skin sheds its outer layer every 27 or so days. However, not all “dead” skin leaves the surface, which can prevent moisturizers and other skin care products from working effectively and also make makeup application blotchy. Using a good (but gentle) scrub can help remove any left behind skin cells, leaving your skin smooth and glowing – and this one is my favorite!
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray – Naked Cherry Collection-Mini – Always looking for a good setting spray and excited to try this mini version (it was on sale for $10.50!). I’m a big fan of Urban Decay, primarily using their eyeshadows.
- Origins GinZing™ Energy-Boosting Gel Moisturizer – Got a sample of this recently and liked it enough to incorporate it into my skin care regimen. I use Origins face wash too.
- Through an online coupon code, I got to pick three trial size products. The three I selected: Sephora Collection Mud Mask, Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder and Tarte Rainforest of the Sea 4-in-1 setting mist. I’ve not tried any of these products, but looking forward to it.
- In addition, I got to pick two sample products: Tarte Tight and Bright Amazonian Clay Mask and Sephora Collection Cleansing and Exfoliation Cleansing Cream Charcoal. Stay tuned for post about all the new-to-me products listed above!
- Chi 1” Volcanic Lava Ceramic Pro Spin and Curl – I use a flat-iron almost everyday (love my Babyliss!), but on occasion, I like to curl my hair. The problem is, I can never get the curls to stay – plus, it takes me forever to curl my long hair. While at my hairstylist a few months back, he used the Chi Volcanic Lava tool on another client – and her hair look fabulous (and it looked easy to use). The online reviews are great too – so, I thought I’d give it a try. I was able to use an online coupon and saved $26 as well! I can’t wait to share before and after photos with you soon.
- Tarte Maracuja Oil – This is one of my all-time favorite skin care products! I’ve used Tarte Maracuja Oil on my face for a couple of years now. It does a great job of moisturizing my skin, but doesn’t leave it oily (even though it is an oil). I’m always getting compliments on how youthful I look and credit some of that to this wonderful product. Tip: Don’t forget to extend moisturizing products to the neck area. Your neck can show signs of aging too. If you neglect this area, you could end up with the face of a 30-year old and the neck of a 50-year old. 🙂
I’d love to hear about the awesome beauty products you recieved this holiday season.
Until next time, stay beautiful!